fredag 16 januari 2009

7 PHP IDEs review

After a recent format I was looking out for a new IDE to use with PHP. Some requirements were collapsible code, ftp-client and code intelligence. I came across a great list at ibm. I would like to share my conclusion.

  • Eclipse - I've used this for Java. Pros: Stable and great features. Cons: Just too big and sometimes slow. Grade: B
  • Komodo - Pros: regular expression debugger. Cons: Buggy, no code collapsing. Grade: C+
  • PHP Designer - I've used it for 2 years. Pros: code intelligence. Cons: Buggy, no code collapsing. Grade: B-
  • PhpED - Pros: Well integrated with PHP. Cons: None. Grade: A
  • PHPEdit - Pros: Does the job. Good features. Cons: Integrated with their own site. Grade: C
  • Zend Studio - Pros: Done by Zend. Cons: Not free, plugin to Eclipse so much like Eclipses own. Grade: C+
Conclusion: I will go with PhpED this time. My first impression is very good. Clean and functionall layout.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar